Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Let Freedom Ring - Techn{ink} Tuesday!

Hello Everyone! Today is Techn{ink} Tuesday and 
its All About... Let Freedom Ring!!

Im feeling Very Patriotic, how are you Celebrating 4th of July?
Its time for BBQ's, Family Fun and Relaxation!?! 
I know I cant wait to be Poolside..

Today I intermixed a Sponging Techn{ink} with a little Twist of Simply Scored....
I have been wanting to show more with this Fascinating Tool 
as an added warning ahead this will get a little messy

So Lets Roll....


 On the left hand side you will see a clean piece of Whisper White cardstock (#124302)
This is trimmed to 3 5/8" x 4 7/8" before beginning the next step 
I wanted to Stamp my image before I began to use 
my Simply Scored Tool (#122334). Here you see my image stamped in Midnight Muse (#126860)

On the right hand side you will see my images are stamped as desired and 
using my  Simply Scored Tool (#122334) 
 I scored a line right above my image.



Here you see (on left hand side) I turned my card right side up and began to score every 1/4"
You will want to turn your card UPSIDE down to get the desired score marks
in order to continue with this project. So now all your scored marks are
RAISED, right side up!



Next is where it gets a little messy. Using Crumb Cake (#121030), Marina Mist (#126962)
were going to begin our Antiquing Techn{ink}. First sponge with 
Crumb Cake  softly to get that slightly discolored affect (to lessen the white)
then sponge with  Marina Mist  to add the denim affect.
**These colors alone are Spectacular!!**



On the left side you see Im now sponging with Riding Hood Red (#126968) 
and on the left I needed a "walnut type stain" so I sponged with Soft Suede (#126978)
You can definitely see why having the scored lines raised were needed
to capture the colors accurately.



Lastly I attached the Antiqued Techn{ink} to my 3 3/4" x 5" piece of 
Midnight Muse Cardstock (#126843).
You can see the colors enhance and take nicely. 
And on the left is our final image.
You can see I added a few embellishments to adorn the 
Distressed Bakers Twine I selected.
If you don't recall how to color the twine to customize it 
for your project. CLICK HERE
After adding the ribbon and embellishments I glued this to 
a piece of 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Riding Hood Red Cardstock (#111348)


And Heres The Added Bonus...


Did you know that the Simply Scored can be used to also create CUSTOM ENVELOPES!?! 
Seriously, its the perfect answer to all the left over cardstock you have
lying around! 
I added some extra Distressing and Stamped the interior lip of the envelope 
and now its customized to coordinate with my card! 


Simply Scored Wants YOU!!!

Cardstock: Whisper White Cardstock #100730, Red Riding Hood #111348, and Midnight Muse #126843.

Ink: Crumb Cake #126975, Midnight Muse #126860, and 
Red Riding Hood #126968, Marina Mist #126962 and Soft Suede #126978.

Tools Used:  Simply Scored Tool #122334, Antique Brads #117273 
Snail Adhesive #104332 and sponges #101610.




I hope everyone has a Wonderful and Safe Fourth of July
and 
May God Bless Our Troops!


3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous technique.. thank you for sharing! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing...thank you for sharing your technique and tips...printing while I type! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u Patty and Carol!!! Your making me blush, you are both truly talented women. I'm so glad u came by to visit

    ReplyDelete