Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Techn{ink} Tuesday



I have become a huge fan of the clear mount stamps ever since Stampin' Up! introduced them. I rarely ever purchase wood mount sets anymore. I love the easy storage, the fun ability to add multiple images to one block and of course, the fact that the clear mount stamp sets are less expensive so I can buy more of them!
Todays Techn{ink} Tuesday, I want to show you a fun, unique way to use your clear blocks - Clear Block Shadow Stamping!!! 
Did you know you can stamp direct to paper with Stampin' Up! Clear blocks? So Awesome!
Try using different sizes and shapes of blocks on all of your stamping cards and projects. I enjoy this Techn{ink} to give a card a more distressed or aged appearance. 
Here are step by step instructions:


First you will need a clean piece of Cardstock, Classic Ink and a Clean, Clear  Block.
My Clear Block size is 'D', Cardstock is Very Vanilla and Ink is Crumb Cake

Ink up your clear block onto the Crumb Cake and to avoid a heavy stamp of color, I inked off to the side (see middle image) of the paper to lessen the punch of color, 
then stamped onto my cardstock for a soft image.


Then I took the same clean block and lightly tapped the four edges onto the Early Espresso Ink Pad
and stamped over the initial image. Now my distressed stamp has a subtle frame of a shadowed color to enhance the look. 
Decorate your card as you see fit. 

CLICK HERE to see the Clear Mount Block Template to reference the different block sizes SU! has to offer. I recommend printing this page onto vellum or copy paper so that you can place over an image to see what size block is needed. You can find SU! new Clear Block Bundles offered HERE




Cardstock: Very Vanilla #101650
Ink: Crumb Cake #126975, Early Espresso #126974
Tools Used: Clear Block Bundle C,D,H (#129851)



No comments:

Post a Comment