Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Mailers

I had this card with a special new friend in mind. Her name is Jackie and she will be
 celebrating her 85th birthday this month. What a beautiful life! 
Imagine the stories she could tell. I desire to hear each and every one. 
She is a wonderful woman and I cant wait to send her this little birthday card as a token of my friendship. 



First I cut down a piece of River Rock cardstock to a 5x5 and scallop edged each end. 
Then cut down a pieces of Not Quite Navy
 to 4" x 8" and fold in half. 
Adhere the folded card on to the flat scallop edged River Rock.  


I wanted to add a little texture to the card, so I cut a piece of Summer Starfruit (#126839) 
to 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" and scored with my new fun toy! 
I must say I absolutely adore my Simply Scored Plate. The possibilities are endless. 
I could spend weeks and weeks just showing you projects using this wonderful tool alone! 
But... Focus Nikki ... Focus

Last, I cut my Very Vanilla to an exact 3'' x 3" and wrapped it with some fun 
Early Espresso Bakers Twine 


And here is the final product once all pieces are added together. You will see I have added a 1 1/4" x 4" pieces of DSP and adorned the front of my Bakers Twine with our Natural Buttons and a 
Birthday Sentiment from the Petite Pairs Set
stamped in Not Quite Navy Ink 

Im so excited for her to recieve her card. I hope on her birthday she is surrounded by her loved ones and is reminded of how much her life is treasured by each person who is blessed to know her.  
Happy Birthday My Dear Friend Jackie! 





Designer Series Paper: Comfort Cafe DSP #126898
Cardstock: River Rock #108640, Very Vanilla #101650, 
Not Quite Navy #101722Summer Starfruit #126839
Ink: Not Quite Navy #126971
Stamp: Petite Pairs (w:122495 c: 122497)
Embellishments: Naturals Designer Buttons #127554 and Early Espresso Bakers Twine #123124
Tools Used: Simply Scored Plate #125625

No comments:

Post a Comment