Thursday, July 12, 2012

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue...

Todays Thursday Thrill.... 

Something Old, Something NEW, Something Borrowed and Something Blue...

When I started to build my Post for today I didn't have any intention of where it took me. 
In the end, I saw what I accomplished and 
the title was perfectly suited to what was kreated and great ideas to share. 

I took my Mixed Bunch(w: #125535 c: #125537) and Blossom Punch(#125603) yesterday afternoon and sat in my Kreative Corner
and so came to me....

Something Old...


You may have seen me post this ensemble before, I CAS'd this card from fellow Demo 
and good friend, Christena Bagne. When I saw this card I just had to recreate it! 
There is something about Daffodil Delight Im in love with....
 It's so SUNNY & CHEERFUL! 
Here I used BOTH  Mixed Bunch and Bossom Punch

Something NEW...


I took a piece of clean Crumb Cake(#120953) 
and using Crumb Cake Ink (#126975) began stamping 
my background image to create my own Designed Paper.
Then I attached that to my Rich Razzleberry Cardstock (#115316)
and added a strip of Floral District DSP(#126919)
Last I took Mixed Bunch Stamp, inked in Tangerine Tango (#126946)

Afterward, I used my 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch (#119854) to pop out my image. 
Using a piece of scrap paper and my Snail Adhesive (#104332), 
created a small semi sticky strip to be my guide for the next step.

 You will place the Punched image back into the same punch using the handmade
guide then turning the scallop semi clockwise, punch again.
**The image will no longer be scalloped but now like a sun burst**




 Here is how your final punched image will look. 
Using the same stamp I used for my Crumb Cake background, 
I used Rich Razzleberry Ink (#126950) and created a small center for each flower. 
Using my Handy Dandy Stampin Up Markers, I added small sunbursts to the image with accent colors.


I also used the Blossom Punch (#125603) to create fun little 
leaves in Lucky Limeade(#122977)
and here is the completed card.


Can you find where I used my Blossom Punch(#125603)  in this card? 

Something Borrowed....


Still determined to find something unique and using the same Blossom Punch, 
I came across this GORGEOUS card created by 
fellow demo, LeeAnn's Happy Hibiscus
How unique is this beautiful card!?! 

LeeAnn used Stamps-Happy Hour(w: #126640 wc: #126642), 
Teeny Tiny Wishes (w: #115370 c: #127802)
Paper-Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight and Lucky Limeade
Ink-Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral
Tools: Scallop Edge Punch, Word Window Punch, and Blossom Punch

Something Blue..


Using the same Blossom Punch, did you know you can create these too? 
I stamped my Mixed Bunch lacy image in Marina Mist (#126962) 
onto Vellum paper (#101856)
and using the Blossom Punch, I carved these elegant little Butterflies.
I adorned them with both size Pearl Jewels (Reg:119247 & Lrg: 125577)


 So there you have it, using just the Mixed Bunch Stamp Set and Blossom Punch
how many different pieces can you come up with or have you come up with? 

I know there are TONS of beautiful possibilities out there, and when you are 
determined to sit and REALLY use what you have around... 
YOU TOO can come up with some amazing projects! 
Give it a try. 


My last but NOT least Thrill for today is I finally created my FIRST video: 
(please be gentle on me)


I hoped you found all this information helpful and useful. 
Thank you for joining me



Cardstock: Whisper White Cardstock #100730,  Very Vanilla (#101650), Crumb Cake (#120953), Rich Razzleberry (#115316), Lucky Limeade (#122977), 
DSP and Vellum (#101856) 
Ink: Daffodil Delight (#126944), Marina Mist (#126962) and 
Crumb Cake (#126975)
Tools:  Blossom Punch (#12563),  Scallop Circle Punch (#119854), Scallop Oval (#119856) Decorative Label (#120907), Pearl Jewels (Reg:119247 & Lrg: 125577), Brights Buttons(#119747) and Snail Adhesive (#104332.)

4 comments:

  1. Nikki - You are SO talented. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE all your cards. So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I wrong to request VIDEOS of how the were made ???? Just messing with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fabulous ideas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the video and lovely cards!!

    ReplyDelete